Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have an ASP.NET project - originally developed on VS 2010 - that runs on
MonoDevelop 2.6 b3 opened it with no problems and I also can run it just fine.
However, when trying to debug I got errors that indicates that the debugger
loaded the framework 2...
/* ERROR */
Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file
required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that
attribute names are case-sensitive.
Line 12: </connectionStrings>
Line 13: <system.web>
Line 14: <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 15: </compilation>
Source File: C:\m2000_net\Local\ControlTest\ControlTest\web.config Line: 14
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5444; ASP.NET
/* END ERROR */
Checked also with version 184.108.40.206 - same results...
This is a known limitation of MD's debugger addin, though I don't believe we have another bug open right now. You can work around it by installing Mono and setting the target runtime to Mono - that way you'll use the Mono debugger.
Clarification: known limitation of MD's *.NET* debugger addin
I installed mono and added it to MD - the debugger works perfectly.
(Status change? I do not know the rules...)
It's still a valid bug, there's just happens to be a good workaround :)
*** Bug 4224 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 4355 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Michael: how would I fix this? I'm not clear what needs to change.
Dunno, ask Lluis, he wrote it.
*** Bug 3537 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Just for follow-up...
I tried on:
And debugging .NET 4 works perfectly...
This is a bug only when using the Microsoft debugger (which obviously you can't use on Linux).
Of course. I only added this information for people who looking for - like me - to leave Microsoft Windows. I thought that a bug like this can stop them on the way. Even this bug was linked to the Microsoft debugger it can be a serious 'what if...' on the way. I was sure that knowing that no problem will await at the other end can help...
*** Bug 3807 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
ok, it was a duplicate afterall...
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3708 ***