Bug 41301 - Debugger crashes with assertion
Summary: Debugger crashes with assertion
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Debugger ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Joaquin Jares
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-05-24 21:12 UTC by Jason Michas
Modified: 2016-12-15 15:58 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description Jason Michas 2016-05-24 21:12:46 UTC
These are the two assertions when the debugger crashes when using the iOS simulator via VMware Fusion 8.1 and the latest OSX. Using alpha versions of xamarin tools.

2016-05-24 16:59:08.056 MyProjectiOS[57667:1506429] error: * Assertion at /Users/builder/data/lanes/1381/3afb4af5/source/maccore/external/mono/mono/mini/debugger-agent.c:3838, condition `!tls' not met
2016-05-24 16:59:08.087 MyProjectiOS[57667:1500571] error: * Assertion at /Users/builder/data/lanes/1381/3afb4af5/source/maccore/external/mono/mono/mini/debugger-agent.c:8873, condition `tls' not met

This happens somewhat frequently. It did not happen when I was using the previous stable channel stuff prior to Evolve.
Comment 1 Miguel de Icaza [MSFT] 2016-12-15 15:35:26 UTC
We have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Would you be able to describe the steps that produce this?
Comment 2 Jason Michas 2016-12-15 15:42:25 UTC
Yeah, at this point I don't remember exactly what I was doing when this occurred. I can say that since then I have moved to Parallels since Fusion had absolutely horrible performance. Fusion build times for moderately sized projects were greater than 3 minutes, when I switched to Parallels the exact same project build time went down to seconds. You can probably find forum posts at VMWare about this. Anyway, its off topic but I think this problem also went away when I switched to Parallels.
Comment 3 Joaquin Jares 2016-12-15 15:50:36 UTC
I also cannot repro this. @Jason I would like to close this issue (since it's no longer a repro) unless you have any further insight that might lead to a repro or any interest in this staying open.
Comment 4 Jason Michas 2016-12-15 15:58:14 UTC
Yeah no need to keep it open I think.