Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Whenever I install a NuGet package into a Xamarin Workbook it only installs the package itself and not all of its assemblies or so it seems. At least it doesn't add an #r statement for any dependencies so they aren't taken into account. This makes it a bit more troublesome to discover an API than it has to be.
Dependencies should be handled. We try to limit the #r statements that need to be added in order to reference everything.
What NuGet packages are you testing with, and on what type of workbook?
Specifically I was trying to use Microsoft.ProjectOxford.Emotion (latest version). That package depends on Microsoft.ProjectOxford.Common. At first I just installed the first package, but when I tried to create an instance of the EmotionServiceClient I got an error stating that I needed to reference Microsoft.ProjectOxford.Common. So I installed that and then I got a different error, but I was kind of expecting this to be handled automatically.
This is with a Xamarin.iOS workbook on Mac OS.
Hmm, it does look like something is going wrong here.
For now, why don't you try starting with the beginning of our Azure sample workbook, which has the references already set up for you:
(note that you'll also need the json manifest from the top of the file, which has all the necessary package references too)
This is fixed in 0.8.1.