Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 393 on
GitHub or Developer Community if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Description of Problem:
When using .net localization, the properties Name and Tag of TreeNode are missing/empty.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Create a new windows application project in Visual Studio (I tested only with .net 2)
2. Add a TreeView to the form
3. Add nodes to the tree view (optional: fill Tag property, change Text property)
4. Enable Localizable property of Form
5. Access property Name or Tag of a tree node, e.g. by adding a button with
MessageBox.Show("Selected node name: [" + treeView1.SelectedNode.Name + "] - Text: [" + treeView1.SelectedNode.Text + "] - Tag: [" + treeView1.SelectedNode.Tag + "]");
6. Compile in Visual Studio
- When running in Mono the output is
"Selected node name:  - Text: [Text Node0] - Tag: "
- When running in .net, the actual result is the expected one.
"Selected node name: [namenode0] - Text: [Text Node0] - Tag: [tag-node0]"
How often does this happen?
This happens both with TreeView.Selected as well with TreeViewEventArgs.Node. TreeView.Nodes.Find(...) doesn't work either.
Tested with following envorinments:
- Windows 7 32 bit / Mono 2.20.4
- Linux Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit / Mono 2.4.4
- Linux Ubuntu 11.10 alpha 32 bit / Mono 2.10.3
Created attachment 948 [details]
Test case as described above.