Bug 38913 - 0.31 first installation didn't copy XamarinProfiler.Core.dll
Summary: 0.31 first installation didn't copy XamarinProfiler.Core.dll
Status: RESOLVED ANSWERED
Alias: None
Product: Profiler
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Windows ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jose Miguel Torres
URL:
: 39126 ()
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-02-19 14:47 UTC by Miha Markic
Modified: 2016-02-29 10:42 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED ANSWERED

Description Miha Markic 2016-02-19 14:47:32 UTC
After installing 0.31 it didn't work at all. After a bit of inspection I've found out that XamarinProfiler.Core.dll was missing for some reason.
Then I did repair installation and it copied the missing file and started working.
Note that I did upgrade from an older Profiler.
Comment 1 Rodrigo Moya 2016-02-25 17:13:20 UTC
*** Bug 39126 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 2 sunny.ko 2016-02-25 17:39:08 UTC
Repair worked for me.
Comment 3 Jose Miguel Torres 2016-02-29 10:42:17 UTC
Looks like there is bug when upgrading from 0.24 or earlier to 0.30 on with XamarinProfiler.Core.dll and XamarinProfiler.Instruments.dll

So the workaround is remove 0.24 version or earlier and then install 0.3x or uninstall 0.24 version or earlier and the run a regular installtion of 0.3x.

From now on, 0.3x, 0.4x,,,etc. Will not have this problem. Hence, closing it. 

Please, feel free to reopen if that arise again after 0.30> upgrade.