Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The documentation about the ContextCompat is missing from the Xamarin website
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Open http://developers.xamarin.com/
2) Search for "ContextCompat"
3) Go to this url: https://developer.xamarin.com/search?q=contextcompat
4) See no results for "ContextCompat"
1) Open http://google.com/
2) Search for "xamarin contextcompat"
3) See link "ContextCompat Class - Xamarin" (for me on the #3 position)
4) Open link https://developer.xamarin.com/api/type/Android.Support.V4.Content.ContextCompat/
5) Be redirected to: https://developer.xamarin.com/404?link=%2Fapi%2Ftype%2FAndroid.Support.V4.Content.ContextCompat%2F
6) Link opened is 404
Be able to read about ContextCompat somewhere
you are correct, we currently do not have the Support Library documentation available at developer.xamarin.com
As I'm sure you're aware, documentation is available from Google
we are investigating the issue with the documentation to determine how the `ContextCompat` should appear.
Thanks for letting us know about this issue.
the xamarin link (in "second way" above) no longer appears in Google.
we still do not have the Support Library links in our documentation collection - the best reference is the Android documentation for now.