Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Since it seems you have dropped support for WinXP ( big mistake in my opinion considering it's market share of ~11,5% for Jan 2016: https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomb=&qpcustomd=0&qpsp=2016&qpnp=1&qptimeframe=Y and the fact that mono was the only alternative to run .NET on it) but that's you're decision to make.
The problems from it that you still need to fix are:
1) Users are not notified that WinXP was dropped anywhere on the site
2) No information on which is the latest WinXP compatible version is given
3) No link for downloading the latest WinXP compatible version is given on the mono download page
4) The installers for the versions after that don't check and notify the user that there OS is no-longer supported
5) Once the user try's to run a newer version of mono he is greeted with a generic error message that's no help at all
Could you address the website issue?
1) I added a notice about that to the Windows section on the download page
2) Mono 3.2.3 is the last one that works on XP: http://download.mono-project.com/archive/3.2.3/windows-installer/mono-3.2.3-gtksharp-2.12.11-win32-0.exe
3) People still using WinXP will probably find this bugzilla entry, I don't want to encourage WinXP usage on the download page
4) Checks for that were added in the .msi installer
5) fixed by 4