Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Open Xamarin Studio
2. Select File->New->Solution
3. Select a Xamarin Forms solution (I used a PCL, this may not matter)
4. Once the project is finished, expand the Packages folder.
Notice: Package update is available. Right-clicking reveals that Xamarin Forms 22.214.171.12435 is being used
Expected: Xamarin Forms 2.0 should be automatically added to the project.
While this may seem insignificant, or something which could easily be fixed by the customer using Nuget, I marked it as "major" severity. Please consider:
* Some customers are not familiar with Nuget. I myself was not familiar with NuGet until just recently, despite having been a C# developer for many years.
* Updating Xamarin Forms results in earnings. Specifically, "XAlign = TextAlignment.Center" in the default setup.
* Updating Xamarin Forms results in a compile in the resources file.
* Customers sometimes will tolerate one manual fix, but when one fix results in the need for a second or third fix, customers can get very frustrated, especially if they are evaluating a piece of software.
This is going to be updated in the future.