Bug 37678 - Objective C class "TestBMACLib" is inaccessible due to its protection level, in XM Cocoa app.
Summary: Objective C class "TestBMACLib" is inaccessible due to its protection level, ...
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin.Mac
Classification: Desktop
Component: Other ()
Version: Master
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Chris Hamons
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-01-14 08:12 UTC by Rajneesh Kumar
Modified: 2016-03-14 16:32 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Test Sample (364.13 KB, application/zip)
2016-01-15 10:59 UTC, Rajneesh Kumar
Details
iOS example (16.32 KB, application/zip)
2016-01-15 15:36 UTC, Chris Hamons
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Comment 1 Chris Hamons 2016-01-14 15:10:22 UTC
@Rajneesh - Could you please attach the test case mentioned?
Comment 2 Rajneesh Kumar 2016-01-15 10:59:43 UTC
Created attachment 14595 [details]
Test Sample

@Chris, I have attached test case that I have created.

Thanks..!
Comment 3 Chris Hamons 2016-01-15 15:29:07 UTC
Something feels screwy with XS's mouse over error detection. I can confirm.
Comment 4 Chris Hamons 2016-01-15 15:36:24 UTC
Created attachment 14597 [details]
iOS example
Comment 5 Chris Hamons 2016-01-15 15:37:25 UTC
When I do it on iOS, I don't see the same behavior.
Comment 6 Chris Hamons 2016-01-15 16:59:10 UTC
Fixed in 27740c8143b960640e07b50bc0d4b8a0843a6f5c / master in md-addins.

Mlnodevelop hash was also bumped, so should be in latest master.
Comment 7 Rajneesh Kumar 2016-01-18 18:58:46 UTC
I have checked this issue with the following latest master builds:
XamarinStudio-6.0.0.2971_1ff6a4a4f378da0b8a6e5a824550a6d8523185fe
xamarin.mac-2.7.0.48_7c5d70e24e5ae18c97c3d3f46c2db6c209af3af9
MonoFramework-MDK-4.3.3.97.macos10.xamarin.universal_ce38fb23c5b98ef66f6b8a8c68390ed2fee6d9ce

I have checked this issue with the attached test sample, and observed that it doesn't  show any type of error.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/YHDHxXkaFUu


This issue has been fixed in master build, I will Re-Verify this issue when it will merged in release build.

Environment Info: https://gist.github.com/Rajneesh360Logica/07817ecd2aeaafb6d870
Comment 8 Rajneesh Kumar 2016-03-14 16:32:54 UTC
I have checked this issue with the following C7 build:
xamarin.mac-2.8.0.58_fa3b68c80150bd13f537e07073a70d51a33b4c8e

and observed that this fix has been merged in release branch. 

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/Bh2AaaKl

This issue has been fixed, hence I am closing this issue.

Thanks..!

Environemnt Info: https://gist.github.com/Rajneesh360Logica/331f47535e79ac0d08cb