Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
After installing the latest alpha, the Xamarin iOS DocSync never completes. At the bottom of the window it says "DocSetFolder not found in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\Xamarin...."
Fixed in version 220.127.116.117 (master)
Commit: 1026842b5da4b450abb72767e126fe2ffd9428ef (xamarin/XamarinVS)
This issue has been fixed on master branch but it's not public yet
When will this be released to the public? I have the most recent update, Xamarin.iOS 9.4.124.
... and it is still happening (VS 2015 Community Update 1)
This is claimed to have been fixed in the same commit as https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=35103 . That issue (where the crash message appeared) is indeed fixed, however this issue is not.
## Status update for any users CC'd on this bug
The candidate fix for this issue is not yet included in the latest Stable channel release "Cycle 6 – Service Release 1." The candidate fix will be included in the next release that is branched from master. That would tentatively place the candidate fix in the next upcoming release: "Cycle 7." The hope is to have a first preview version of Cycle 7 available during the month of February. (Just to add a small standard caution, that release is under active development so the timing could shift a bit.)
I will now set the target milestone for this bug to Cycle 7 to help record that tentative timeline.
Xamarin Customer Support
Has there been any movement on this issue? I am currently using the most updated version of Xamarin on vs2013 and I have the same problem.
Xamarin 18.104.22.168 (1cc3a99)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Android 22.214.171.124 (46c3f7e)
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199 (686b410)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
The docsync shows that download progress is 100% but then it hangs.
You have to switch to the Alpha release channel and have the mac build host online in order for it to finish.
However, even after it finishes, it seems to leave the icon in the task tray. Filing a separate bug for that.
I have checked this issue and observed that the DocSync complete successfully.
and the docsync successfully found in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\Xamarin...."
Hence marked it verified fixed.
I have update the Cycle 7 release and I'm still experiencing this issue. Can you confirm this should have been fixed with that release? If so, is there something I can do to solve this?
@grant, the original reporter on this bug observed in Comment 8 that document synchronization ran to completion on a newer Alpha release. I also have not replicated the "DocSetFolder not found" error message myself, so my assessment at this time would be that this _exact_ bug report is correctly marked as FIXED based on the original reporter's observations.
If you are still seeing an issue with DocSync yourself, please do file a new bug report. For some additional tips on composing the bug report see . Thanks in advance!
I am still seeing the DocSync problem. I have Xamarin.iOS version 188.8.131.52 installed.
There are some tentative plans to perform additional exploratory testing of the DocSync feature to look for possible as yet uncharacterized failure scenarios, but I have no information on a possible timeline for that kind of testing. It is of course also possible that exploratory testing would not uncover a particular failure scenario that had been observed by a particular user.
Therefore new user-submitted bug reports about this problem are still very valuable (as hinted at in Comment 11). The more log files and details about environment information that can be provided in any new bug report, the better (see also ). There are occasions when I would recommend extending an existing bug report rather than filing a new bug report, but in this case I am requesting new bug reports. Thanks!
In case it might be of some interest to any users who are interacting with the DocSync feature, Bug 42346, Comment 1 might provide a tiny bit of useful additional information.