Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Note - This is for sysdrawing-coregraphics version of System.Drawing, not the libgdiplus version. This might not be in the right category.
While porting it to Unified, all of the samples ran successfully (from what I can tell), except one. LinearGradientBrushTest crashed in 3 of its cases, and all of the crashes appear to be in the same.
Steps to reproduce:
- Clone email@example.com:mono/sysdrawing-coregraphics.git
- Checkout unified
- Make to build the bindings
- open Samples/MonoMac/LinearGradientBrushTest/LinearGradientBrushTest.csproj
- Remove the three early return "returns" in Samples/MonoMac/LinearGradientBrushTest/DrawingView.cs
- Run. Press any key a few times to cycle to the "bad" samples (5,11,14) and you'll crash.
The stack trace:
I am unable to repro.
on a related note, should we merge unified into master?
@Miguel - Did you remove the return statements in those three draw procs?
If you did, then maybe it is something machine specific. You can assign to me and I'll test on other machines next year if so.
My bad, I did not follow the instructions.
I have fixed the the three crashes but there are problems with the gradients in general. Not even normal gradients are working correctly. The code needs to be torn into to find the root of the gradient rendering. This was working quite well before so not sure where the rendering problems are coming from.
Commit applied and LinearGradient brush should be fixed now. https://github.com/mono/sysdrawing-coregraphics/commit/b48472529c1f93f4e39f7f018156f23a61f69f11
Closing as the issue seems to be resolved.
Other sysdrawing-coregraphics issues are tracked at https://github.com/mono/sysdrawing-coregraphics/issues