Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The MD git addin makes inconsistent use of the git index (staged changes). For example, when renaming a file, MD performs a git add but does not perform the correponding git remove. That's very annoying for people using commandline git.
Given that MD's git addin doesn't actually use the index in its UX - it allows the user to commit files directly, ignoring the state of the index - it probably shouldn't touch the index at all. Either that, or it should actual maintain a consistent index.
I can't reproduce this bug. If I rename a file in the solution pad I can see both an add and a remove when looking for changes. Is there any specific use case I should try?
I can't reliably reproduce it, maybe there's some other state it depends on.
A nice way to handle this would come together with #20530.
On the other hand, I know what's causing this in the current setup that messes with the index on every operation.
This appears to be fixed with the new libgit2sharp provider. Changing milestone.
I have tried but not sure how to reproduce this issue at my end.
Could you please provide me steps so that I can reproduce and verify this issue at my end.
1. Checkout a repository.
2. Rename a file.
3. Review and Commit and see that the old name appears as deleted (red X), new one appears as added (blue +)
4. Rename it back.
5. Review and Commit and see that there are no changes.
I have checked this issue with XamarinStudio-22.214.171.1241.Now this issue is working fine.Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/ZtZ7eTXj3r8
Hence closing this issue.
*** Bug 23275 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 15724 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***