Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 14204 [details]
Application.Properties do not persist when app is forced closed after setting them. They appear to only auto-save when the app is sent to the background.
**Steps to Reproduce:**
1. Run the attached sample project on an Android Device.
2. Enter some text into the "username" text field.
3. Press Enter / Checkmark to finish with the keyboard.
4. Force close the app
5. Now re-open the app.
The text field is empty again.
The text field should have whatever text value you previously entered.
**Build Date & Platform:**
If you send the app to the background first, then close it, it seems to save the properties.
Similar to #33630
I'd like to add some clarifications:
1. At least for me running the sample project on my development PC that uses the latest stable Xamarin version, this problem only occurs when using a RELEASE build.
2. The problem ALSO occurs when sending the app to the background first by tapping the home button and close it afterwards.
3. John suggested to call Application.SavePropertiesAsync immediately after changing a property. I do this already in our app and it does not solve the problem.
4. This problem currently prevents us from providing a service release of our product. Therefore please provide a bugfix as soon as possible. Cody Beyer already told us that he escalated this bug.
This may be a duplicate of bug 36697
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 36697 ***