Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 13865 [details]
Sample project to reproduce the issue
MONO date time format for Finnish (fi-FI) is incorrect. The time separator is ':' instead of '.' . This causes Mono DateFormat to not be in sync with the native one (iOS).
Once we change the time separator to be '.' ( So that it's in Sync with iOS) we get parsing exceptions because MONO's DateTime parser doesn't support having the same character for date separator and time separator.
I am updating cultures data to see if that fixes the issue
Fixed the time separator value in Mono master
Fixed in mono master, proposed for SR1
As per comment 2,I have checked this issue with latest mono master MonoFramework-MDK-220.127.116.113.macos10.xamarin.universal_f82f4e84b1332d94e52be8258f37f6d623c0a2c3 having MD5 f1017f92732e63852b57c4dc0b495ef5 and with the help of attached project in bug description.
Observed that issue still exist as mentioned in bug description, Getting System.DateTimeParse.Parse exception.
App output: https://gist.github.com/Arpit360/e57a7ba956085b944116
Full Environment Info: https://gist.github.com/Arpit360/2217d412e3adf260e60d
For now, I am Reopening this issue.
Please let me know If I am missing anything.
please read my comments first before reopening the bug report.
The issue was fixed in Mono master and proposed for SR1. The attached repro uses XI therefore you'd need Mono master based XI for your repro to work. Master XI is based on Mono 4.3.1 which does not included the fix.
As I wrote earlier there is no XI which includes the fix yet
I have checked this issue with latest master mono MonoFramework-MDK-18.104.22.168.macos10.xamarin.universal_f81f8763c1ae3c544ecf9a8404e1fe5ea1fb489e + monotouch-22.214.171.124 and its working fine.
Now able to build and deploy attached project without any exception.
Full Environment Info:
Hence closing this issue.