Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Changes to "Internationalization" under "Advanced" on the "iOS Build" properties get lost.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Open Visual Studio 2015 and create a new iOS project of type "Blank App (iOS)".
2. Go to the Properties for this project and open the "Advanced" tab of "iOS Build".
3. Under "Internationalization", find and check the checkbox for the "west" codesets.
4. Close the Properties and they will be saved. Verify in the user interface and csproj.
5. Go to the Properties again, but open another setting tab, such as "iOS Application".
6. Change an unrelated setting, such as disabling the "Portrait" Device Orientation.
7. Close Properties and the original change to "Internationalization" reverts.
8. Verify that "west" is again disabled in the csproj and user interface.
We are seeing this in the stable channel version, but also reproduced it on alpha channel.
I'm using the following MSBuild snippet to detect and give an error when the setting gets lost:
<Error Condition="$(MtouchI18n) != 'west'" Text="This project requires west encodings, but they were removed. Go to the Properties of the $(RootNamespace) project, open the 'Advanced' tab under 'iOS Build' and check the box for 'west' under 'Internationalization'." />
Thanks for the report and for the snippet in Comment 1. I have added that snippet to an older bug report about the same issue Bug 29323 and done some additional cleanup on that bug to schedule it for further investigation.
I will accordingly mark this bug as a duplicate of the older bug for tidiness.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 29323 ***