Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
After an update of xamarin my Xamarin forms Android project was no longer buildable. I receive tons of "No resource found that matches given name" errors. I couldn't find any workaround to fix those problems. Please find attached the project.
And here is my version info.
Version 5.9.7 (build 22)
Installation UUID: c238b06a-6b99-4f13-b4f6-b2f65395fc09
Mono 4.0.4 ((detached/d481017)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400040004
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 7.0.1 (8228)
Version: 184.108.40.206 (Indie Edition)
Build date: 2015-09-25 18:08:44-0400
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Indie Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/ObjectX/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
5.1 (API level 22)
6.0 (API level 23)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)
Xamarin Android Player
Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app
Release ID: 509070022
Git revision: 6bd1f169df44ca96addf8a035316c535a4fa46fa
Build date: 2015-09-30 12:30:15-04
Xamarin addins: 1c3e5c0859bdfec0ecd481a57ad6c03bc22f5536
Mac OS X 10.11.0
Darwin Objects-MacBook-Pro.local 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0
Wed Aug 26 16:57:32 PDT 2015
Created attachment 13476 [details]
You had an issue with one of your .png files
"libpng error: CgBI: unhandled critical chunk
ERROR: Failure processing PNG image obj/Debug/res/drawable-xxhdpi/checkmark.png"
This is causing aapt to fail. It looks like that file is corrupt. I fixed that by opening the image saving it as a jpeg then saving the jpeg as a png again.
Another issue is that even though Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 is in the packages list it is NOT referenced in the project. You will need to make sure that its referenced by the project . You also might want to upgrade your targetSdkVersion to 23 in the AndroidManifest.xml
My problem was resolved. I didn't notice that error in long error list :)