Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Whenever a new line is appended to the Android Log pad's buffer, the content is scrolled down to show that line. This is annoying when one is reading some content earlier in the pad. If the scroll bar is not on its lowest position, the pad should never auto-scroll.
1) I want autoscroll in most time, and need no autoscroll for reading text sometimes.
So its must be toggle button "Autoscroll/Nope" - best solution for many loggers.
2) I cant change font in "Android logging" in VS12. I want make font bigger and monowidth.. but no options in Options/Font and Color/ or somewhere.
3) "Android logging" in mode "List view" doesnt scroll to lowerst line. In "text mode" it autoscroll to lowerst line.. Strange!.. Its must be scroll to lowest line OR option "Add new line to upper"
I don't know when exactly that this bug started 'working', but I've never seen the log auto-scroll. Instead of closing this bug, I've co-opted it to make a few changes to the log - adding an option to auto-scroll being one of the changes.
- Tidied up the layout of the toolbar somewhat
- Changed the filter drop down to allow the user to type the tag rather than search through the list
- Allowed multiple tags to be entered (separated by ; or space)
- If the user does use the drop down list to select a tag to filter by, don't update the drop down list. This is such a pain when you have a device sending loads of events and the drop down changes whilst you're looking for an item
- Added a button to clear the log
- Added a button to toggle auto-scroll on or off.
- If the user is filtering by one tag, hide the tag column
- Respects the font setting for "General Pad Font" in preferences.
I removed the auto-scroll button in favour of auto-scroll detection based on the scrollbar. Seems to work quite well.
Added a button to drop a marker in the log for a reference point.
I have checked this issue with latest C7 build and its working fine at my end.
Hence marked this issue as Verified Fixed.
Xamarin Studio 6.0 (build 5164)
Mono 4.4.0 (mono-4.4.0-branch/f3253a0) (64-bit)
Xcode 7.2 (9548)
Xamarin.iOS : 22.214.171.1248 (Xamarin Enterprise)
Xamarin.Android: 126.96.36.199 (Xamarin Enterprise)
Mac OS X 10.10.5