Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set a breakpoint somewhere in Mono.Android.dll
2. Run an Android app that should hit that breakpoint
Breakpoint hit! Pizza Party!
Breakpoint never hit. Pizza place claims it never received your order even though you called two hours ago.
In Cycle 5 SR4, for example, the MDB files is alongside the DLL at `C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\5.1`. In Cycle 6, the DLL is very lonely without its MDB buddy.
Inspector requires this.
This is a problem with the Windows .msi package. Mono.Android.dll.db is present on OS X.
I don't know if this is related, but I also noticed that when I build a simple Android app (on Windows), MDB files are no longer placed in bin\Debug with the assemblies. They are now only found in obj\Debug\assemblies.
The installer part, fixed in 11520ab2a9b0f03b11c92b0765421589d9dbc90f
Fixed in XVS master. The other part I mentioned just in case it would help figuring out the bug, but it was unrelated (and actually it is being fixed anyway).
Sorry, I spoke too soon. There is a PR for XVS master, but it is not yet merged.
Actually the change is in master, but it doesn't seem to be sufficient yet.
Using the build attached in https://trello.com/c/dNH8UeMH/214-xa-windows-installer-is-not-including-xa-mdbs, I'm able to confirm that MonoAndroid reference assemblies again have their corresponding .mdb installed alongside.
I have checked this issue and observed that Mono.Android.dll.mdb file is installed when we install XVS 220.127.116.116 as shown in screencast : http://screencast.com/t/FeYalH9mky