Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I'm using HockeyApp component for crash-detection and tracing, and it has ben working well with the 22.214.171.124 official release using Xamarin Studio. But, after upgrading our app to iOS9, we suddenly fail when uploading the file to AppStore;
ERROR ITMS-90535: "Unexpected CFBundleExecutable Key. The bundle at 'Payload/myapp.app/HockeySDKResources.bundle' does not contain a bundle executable. If this bundle intentionally does not contain an executable, consider removing the CFBundleExecutable key from its Info.plist and using a CFBundlePackageType of BNDL. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue."
And indeed, in the obj/iPhone/Release folder of my app in the Xamarin folder, there's a HockeySDKResources.bundle file that contain an Info.plist file which *does* have the key "CFBundleExecutable" defined.
So -- here I am, contacting "the developer of the framework for an update" ;)
We are not the developer of the Hockey SDK nor do we ship the HockeySDKResources.bundle with our own SDK.
OTOH it is shipped in our components store so I'll transfer the bug to them
As you can see, if you read the forum @ HockeyApp, which you linked me to, it's the original supper-request that I created myself, that ended up in HockeyApp-team pointing to Xamarin team to resolve...
We're going in circles! :)
Please clarify/let me know where I should be requesting support on this issue.
> We're going in circles! :)
No, we are not :-)
I saw that the request was coming from you (because I read it ;-) and I added the link as a reference, for the component team (so they don't have to google why again), to which I transferred the bug ownership.
> OTOH it is shipped in our components store so I'll transfer the bug to them
That's because fixing this issue can only be done (and published) by the component team updating the version of Hockey they are shipping (on the component store).
IOW the bug was misfiled* as there's nothing the XI team can do to fix this (we do not ship it, so we can't update it).
* that's no big deal, you are definitively not required to know our team's structure :-) but we do need to re-assign such bugs to the right team (or they won't be resolved).
Thank you of the explanation ;)
Looking forward to feedback from the component team then!
Any updates on this? I am using the following. I have a critical update that has to go out. Please advise asap.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.9.7 (build 9)
Installation UUID: e27dc9cc-76c5-4ac7-950e-9a7e6d60d34f
Mono 4.0.4 ((detached/cb6d6b2)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400040002
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 7.0 (8208.9)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2015-09-16 17:04:13-0400
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0
Wed Jul 29 02:26:53 PDT 2015
I am also struggling... this is a blocker for me :-/
as additional info:
according to the link above the problem is already fixed in the official 3.7.2 package, so xamarin has "only" to update the package with the latest release, so it shouldn't take too long :)
v3.8.2 of HockeyApp for Xamarin.iOS has been released to the component store.
Thanks for fixing this fast :)
I could upload a version using the updated component to the app store without error message (I got one before), so it seems to work :)
Customer hitting an issue that looks similar to this one (though I haven't confirmed yet) in v188.8.131.52: https://kb.xamarin.com/agent/case/221358
Requesting info to try to determine if the issue is the same / wasn't fixed somehow, or if a new issue has cropped up.