Bug 32903 - App with multiple tab pages showing incorrect UI
Summary: App with multiple tab pages showing incorrect UI
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms ()
Version: 1.4.4
Hardware: All Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-08-10 06:20 UTC by Paul Johnson
Modified: 2015-08-10 06:27 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED INVALID

Description Paul Johnson 2015-08-10 06:20:15 UTC
My app launches with a NavigationPage called TabPage1 (it inherits TabbedPage). This has 3 tabs on all of which work fine.

On one of the pages, I gave a button which fires off async Navigation.PushAsync(new SecondTabLayout)

The second layout tab bar shows correctly (it has the new icons on and new new titles), but the main view is not cleared and showing the layout for the first tab. The events being fired are also the same as for the original tab bar (so tab 2 fires the same UI as for the original tab page).

I'm on the alpha branch but using the latest stable Xam.Forms

I've only tested this on iOS, but would expect the same behaviour on droid and win phone

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9.5 (build 9)
Installation UUID: f3d1a29c-1ba2-4a83-a193-1087efe91a85
Runtime:
	Mono 4.0.3 ((detached/d6946b4)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400030020

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.4 (7720)
Build 6E35b

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.10.4.46 (Business Edition)
Hash: 2c66d2f
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-08-04 13:52:25-0400

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 5.1.5.3 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/PFJ/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3    (API level 10)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
		5.1    (API level 22)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Not Installed

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 2.0.2.111 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509050009
Git revision: b99cb19a1d3b15d8980c4616f13f837457e5b292
Build date: 2015-07-28 02:01:44-04
Xamarin addins: d53d6eceb828422f3d4aff8547f2f6bab6c9ea58

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.5
Darwin Pauls-iMac.local 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0
    Mon Aug  3 19:52:24 PDT 2015
    root:xnu-2782.40.9~4/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 1 Paul Johnson 2015-08-10 06:27:55 UTC
My bad - nothing to see here...