Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The StyleId property on ToolbarItems appears to be ignored/lost. This makes automated testing problematic.
For details see the forum thread at the following URL, which describes the problem perfectly:
This is also true for the new AutomationId
I just tested a Xamarin.Forms app on iOS where I created a ToolbarItem and set the AutomationId. When I ran a REPL window, I was able to see the AutomationId value set on the Id of the native UINavigationButton control. At least for X.F running on iOS, I have confirmed this works now for:
@shawnCastrianni actually you are correct! I forgot that my page is actually taking a list of toolbar items on one page and adding them to another.
@John Hardman: Is this still an issue, or are you able to use AutomationId instead?
I guess it is fixed based on my AutomationId test above on June 15, 2016
@Samantha Houts - I'm holding off on further UITest automation until I know whether/when Windows platforms will be supported. Happy for this to be closed based on Shawn's test. Will re-open if I return to UITest and encounter the problem again in future.
Fair enough! We'll keep an eye out for this to be reopened. Thanks!!
Hi I tried using Style ID and Automation ID in the toolbar items of my Xamarin.Android project but it doesn't work. The issue is not resolved.
I'm afraid ToolbarItems on Android lack the required property to set AutomationId. This property may be available with API 26+, so we will revisit this issue at that time. Until then, we may have to consider this a platform limitation.
*** Bug 57589 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I am still experiencing this issue on iOS 9.0.2 and below. Other iOS versions work fine.