Bug 3158 - Subversion IndexOutOfRange
Summary: Subversion IndexOutOfRange
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Version Control ()
Version: 2.8.6
Hardware: PC Linux
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Alan McGovern
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-01-31 10:41 UTC by walker_643
Modified: 2012-02-03 09:59 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description walker_643 2012-01-31 10:41:41 UTC
I got this exception from the "Review Changes"/"Status" tab. When I clicked on the arrow to expand the changes in a file, this one popped up...

Error description: ----------------------------------------------
"Could not get diff information. Array index is out of range."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Stack trace: ----------------------------------------------------
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Subversion.SubversionRepository.GenerateDiff (FilePath baseLocalPath, MonoDevelop.VersionControl.VersionInfo versionInfo) [0x0001f] in /home/ian/mono-src/monodevelop/main/src/addins/VersionControl/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Subversion/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Subversion/SubversionRepository.cs:486 
  at MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Views.StatusView+<LoadDiffs>c__AnonStorey1E.<>m__49 (System.Object ) [0x0003b] in /home/ian/mono-src/monodevelop/main/src/addins/VersionControl/MonoDevelop.VersionControl/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Views/StatusView.cs:945 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Comment 1 Alan McGovern 2012-02-03 09:59:29 UTC
I fixed this one a day or two ago. I'd expect the next release, 2.8.6.5 or higher, to contain the fix. Unfortunately there is no workaround for now other than downgrading or simply opening each individual file and selecting the 'Changes' tab in the bottom to view the diff for that specific file.