Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.Portable 5.6.x works very well with Xamarin for android 4.4 (Xamarin.VisualStudio_184.108.40.206) which use the data service client proxy generated by visual studio for silverlight project.But it does not work well with Xamarian for android 5.0 and above(Xamarin.VisualStudio_3.9.533 & Xamarin.VisualStudio_3.11.590).The BeginSaveChanges method of DataServiceContext class does not function properly and blocked at some place frequently.May be a deadlock problem.Changes of http stack may be the cause.
I tried to reproduce this issue but not able to reproduce. I am not sure about the steps, could you please share steps to reproduce this issue or any sample application that demonstrate this issue? That would be very helpful to reproduce this issue at our end.
Steps to reproduce this issue:
Dev Tools : Visual Studio 2013
(1) Create a WCF Data Service (Web Application project) as server which use ADO.NET Entity Data model as ORM mapping from database.
(2) Create a silverlight 5.0 project and "Add Service Reference" of data service created in step1,thus the client proxy(Reference.cs) will be generated by visual studio.
(3) Create an Android project using Xamarin for visual studio project,and import the Reference.cs generated in step2.Also need to add Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.Portable 5.6.x reference to this project use NuGet.
(4) In Android project create in step3, add a new entity to any table and call BeginSaveChanges to save changes.We use the following wrapper to get an awaitable task:
public static Task<DataServiceResponse> SaveChangesAsync(
this DataServiceContext serviceContext)
(ar) => serviceContext.EndSaveChanges(ar));
When debugging in visual studio,EndSaveChanges not be called frequently,and seemed to be blocked at some place.Thus the awaitable task frequently not finished successfully.
How is the test going? If you still cannot reproduce the issue,please let me know and i'll provide you a sample project.
Hi @ jackjoy, thanks a lot for providing me steps to check this issue, it have tried but this issue is still hard to reproduce. So please provide me a small sample application that demonstrate this issue, so that I can reproduce and CONFIRMED this issue efficiently.
Created attachment 12085 [details]
Sample project to reproduce the issue
(1) Restore Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 database 'Sample' in database folder.
(2) Modify connection strings in web.config of Test.WebServer project
(3) Create a web site for Test.WebServer project
(4) Modify WCF Data service's url in MainActivity.cs of Test.Android project
This sample works well with Xamarin.VisualStudio_220.127.116.11.
But not works well with Xamarin.VisualStudio_3.9.533 and Xamarin.VisualStudio_3.11.590.
NOTE: Nuget packages not inclued in the attachment to decrease the size of zip.
How is the test going now?Any progress?
What's going on? This issue is very boring for us and we are forced to use the old Xamarin.VisualStudio_18.104.22.168 for development.We hope this issue was fixed as soon as possible.
Is this bug related?
Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. After reviewing the description of this bug, we believe it no longer affects the current version of Xamarin.Android. If you are still experiencing the issue after updating your packages, please reopen this report with an attached reproduction.