Bug 31201 - CBErrorDomain and CBAttErrorDomain are not exposed in NSError like some other NSErrorDomains are
Summary: CBErrorDomain and CBAttErrorDomain are not exposed in NSError like some other...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Xamarin.iOS.dll ()
Version: XI 8.10
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal enhancement
Target Milestone: 9.1 (iOS 9.1)
Assignee: Sebastien Pouliot
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-06-17 15:28 UTC by Jon Goldberger [MSFT]
Modified: 2015-10-28 15:39 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Jon Goldberger [MSFT] 2015-06-17 15:28:44 UTC
## Description

Both CBErrorDomain and CBAttErrorDomain are NSString *const exposed natively but do not seem to be exposed anywhere in Xamarin API. This isn’t necessarily a bug, however it seems to be missing from the iOS SDK.

Other error domains are exposed as static properties of NSError, such as NSError.CoreMotionErrorDomain
Comment 1 Sebastien Pouliot 2015-10-02 21:19:37 UTC
Fixed in maccore/xcode7.1 ccd83fed001b1dbb19b9bb432588d5db289a6ad1
Comment 2 Mohit Kheterpal 2015-10-28 14:24:56 UTC
I have checked this issue and observed that this issue still exist with release build of iOS 9 + C5SR5.

To verify this issue I have checked  "CBErrorDomain" and "CBAttErrorDomain" does not exist in assembly browser under class NSerror.

As of now, I am reopening this issue with current target milestone i.e. 9.1(iOS 9.1)

Environment info:
=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9.8 (build 0)
Installation UUID: 45555ffd-f3f0-4f29-9543-e369d711ab7d
Runtime:
	Mono 4.0.5 ((detached/1d8d582)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400050001

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 7.1 (9079)
Build 7B91b

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 6.0.0.24 (Starter Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin77/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx_êèéæâàçéè€ÿëïœ_a
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3    (API level 10)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
		5.1    (API level 22)
		6.0    (API level 23)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 9.1.0.27 (Starter Edition)
Hash: 1f068b4
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-10-27 18:59:21-0400

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 2.0.2.111 (Starter Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509080000
Git revision: cc5f6e5658589ca7f46210c57fad947e75f30abd
Build date: 2015-10-21 19:27:41-04
Xamarin addins: d77f191bd7d3451adf837b85b38f2b7c60004400

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.5
Darwin Xamarin77s-Mac-mini.local 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0
    Wed Jul 29 02:26:53 PDT 2015
    root:xnu-2782.40.9~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 3 Sebastien Pouliot 2015-10-28 15:39:01 UTC
We're not adding more constants to NSError. Instead we add a extension methods to the error/domain-enums to return the domain name.

Look into

* CBErrorExtensions.GetDomain
* CBATTErrorExtensions.GetDomain