Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Subject says it all
MD crashes (and I get the OS crash dialog). MD goes away and can be restarted.
Mono sticks around, and has to be hard killed (kill -9 or using Activity Monitor)
Happy to run something to interrogate it, but dont know what. It happens most times that MD crashes (which is 2-3x a day, tho I never lose data, which is good)
What vesion of Mono do you have on your system?
When this happens, can you go into a console, and type this:
(gdb) attach PID
(gdb) t a a bt
Where PID is the process ID for the runaway Mono process
Absolutely, will do.
I have whatever the latest is on the beta channel for MD. I installed an Mono update a couple of days ago (maybe late last week?) when I moved from the stable to beta channel.
HOWEVER I think this was happening before that, but I could have been on a mono beta then too (I switch back and forwards a bit)
Can you please double-check the Mono version in the About dialog? There was a known issue with 2.10.7 to which this sounds very similar.
Touch wood (WTF?) it hasn't happened today. But I have:
Installation UUID: 747e4205-cbe7-4950-bb05-38ea22a7b20f
Mono 22.214.171.124 (tarball Mon Dec 19 15:17:20 EST 2011)
Mono for Android not installed
Apple Developer Tools:
Xcode 4.2 (828)
Release ID: 20806002
Git revision: c83797aec2a7fb04edaf17ef0c697e27a8656aed
Build date: 2012-01-18 22:20:14+0000
Mac OS X 10.7.2
Darwin hypermania.lan 11.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0: Tue Aug 9 20:54:00 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.24.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Pleased to report that with the above config, I've had NO crashes ALL weekend. LOVELY. (close the case, IMO)
That said, I did just quit out and hat mtouch hang at 99% CPU used. I tried the gdb attach, but it seg faulted on me. I had to kill -9 it.
Marking this bug closed since it was fixed - if you have the problem with mtouch again and have a trace, please open a new bug against mtouch.