Bug 29370 - On archive for Publishing: actual argument ApplicationInfo cannot be converted to String by method invocation conversion
Summary: On archive for Publishing: actual argument ApplicationInfo cannot be converte...
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Mono runtime / AOT Compiler ()
Version: 1.0
Hardware: PC Windows
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jonathan Pryor
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-04-24 06:00 UTC by Christopher Drosos
Modified: 2017-11-27 19:20 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED INVALID

Description Christopher Drosos 2015-04-24 06:00:31 UTC
Im getting this error on Publishing:

C:\Users\Power\Documents\Projects\DestinoGrecia\DestinoGrecia\obj\Release\android\src\mono\MonoRuntimeProvider.java(26,26): Error:  error: method LoadApplication in class MonoPackageManager cannot be applied to given types;
		mono.MonoPackageManager.LoadApplication (context, context.getApplicationInfo (), new String[]{context.getApplicationInfo ().sourceDir});
  required: Context,String,String[]
  found: Context,ApplicationInfo,String[]
  reason: actual argument ApplicationInfo cannot be converted to String by method invocation conversion
 (DestinoGrecia)

on Xamarin 5.9 (build 431)
Comment 1 Sadik Ali 2015-04-27 09:19:09 UTC
I have checked this issue and unable to reproduce the given behavior.When I click on Archive for Publishing,it creates successfully without any error.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/ApaN3odn

It would be great If you provide the Ide logs and output of this issue.

#Ide Logs >> Help > Zip Xamarin Logs

Environment Info:

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9 (build 436)
Installation UUID: 0ab3f31c-da0f-40d3-be27-a8ade9c61903
Runtime:
	Microsoft .NET 4.0.30319.18408
	GTK+ 2.24.22 (MS-Windows theme)
	GTK# 2.12.26

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 5.1.0 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: C:\android-sdk
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3    (API level 10)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: 0.3.7.2
Location: C:\Program Files\Xamarin Android Player\DeviceManager.exe

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509000436
Git revision: 7e8ba4cbccf7b188ce5e80a90fdc4acdedb5a83f
Build date: 2015-04-23 12:20:28-04
Xamarin addins: 21fd95f743742c5237e22023996c2800ce3f8db3

=== Operating System ===

Windows 6.1.7601.65536
Comment 2 Christopher Drosos 2015-04-27 09:21:24 UTC
It isn't happening to me anymore also, i will try to reproduce it and post again, thanks
Comment 3 pierre 2015-06-22 21:54:20 UTC
I have the problem too. It happens every times I try to compile an Android application project depending on another project. I will post a sample project if I can isolate the problem.
Comment 4 pierre 2015-06-22 22:02:59 UTC
Ok, I identified the problem. It is due to old obj files that are not properly deleted. After I remove all the obj directories by hand it worked properly.
Comment 5 scotch83 2015-07-03 04:39:51 UTC
Hello, 
I have had the same issue and cleaning the build worked, finally. 

Xamarin Studio
Version 5.8.3 (build 1)
Installation UUID: ae15b2bb-8464-447a-a104-be30f594907e
Runtime:
	Microsoft .NET 4.0.30319.34209
	GTK+ 2.24.22 (MS-Windows theme)
	GTK# 2.12.26

Xamarin.Android
Version: 4.20.2 (Trial Edition)
Android SDK: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk
	Supported Android versions:
		2.2   (API level 8)
		2.3   (API level 10)
		3.1   (API level 12)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.1   (API level 16)
		4.2   (API level 17)
		4.3   (API level 18)
		4.4   (API level 19)
		5.0   (API level 21)
Java SDK: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_79
java version "1.7.0_79"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_79-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

Xamarin Android Player
Version: 0.3.7.2
Location: C:\Program Files\Xamarin Android Player\DeviceManager.exe

Build Information
Release ID: 508030001
Git revision: 6e8e725e0d689351901c2c70453bfa4ea25e293b
Build date: 2015-04-06 15:20:49-04
Xamarin addins: 051cd5f8c1b5dbfc87eaef80a74aec03f34c60a8

Operating System
Windows 6.1.7601.65536 (64-bit)