Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
UIDeviceInfo will always be null on iPad mini 3. Please fix it.
Xamarin.iOS does not provide a UIDeviceInfo class, where are you seeing it? Could you attach a sample project?
Sorry, the class is called UIDevice. We have changed our code to fix this bug. So I cannot provide sample code. But this class is not working on iPad mini 3. Either null or give us system runtime error.
@David, That's unexpected. There's no iOS version or hardware check in our code so the UIDevice type should be working identically across devices (or simulators). Can you tell us which version of iOS was used on the device ?
@Gouri since QA has some Mini3 devices (works fine on my mini2), can you try to duplicate this ? e.g. check that:
> Console.WriteLine (`UIDevice.CurrentDevice != null);
shows `True` in the application output.
I couldn't reproduce this issue on an iPadMini3 device.
Version 5.8.1 (build 8)
Installation UUID: 5ed3a124-4b77-4c6f-beb9-c830fd815e2a
Mono 3.12.1 ((detached/b63df7d)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 312010002
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Version: 184.108.40.206 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2015-04-01 13:07:55-0400
Thanks for the reply. I just tried on our device, it worked, too. But it was not working two weeks ago. Sorry for reporting it so late. Maybe you guys have fixed it in the last update. Thanks a lot!
I cannot think of any recent change related to this. Still I'm glad if this works for you now.
If you can duplicate this in the future please re-open the bug and attach a test case/app.