Bug 28598 - EndEditing method missing from UIView in Unified API
Summary: EndEditing method missing from UIView in Unified API
Status: RESOLVED ANSWERED
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Xamarin.iOS.dll ()
Version: XI 8.10
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-03-31 13:02 UTC by Adam Kemp
Modified: 2015-03-31 14:20 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED ANSWERED

Description Adam Kemp 2015-03-31 13:02:52 UTC
Here's the documentation:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UIKit/Reference/UIView_Class/#//apple_ref/occ/instm/UIView/endEditing:

This method isn't deprecated, and it is genuinely useful as a recursive version of ResignFirstResponder.
Comment 1 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge [MSFT] 2015-03-31 13:09:13 UTC
It's there, it's just an extension method on UIView instead.

This unfortunately means that if you're calling it from inside a UIView instance, you have to use "this.EndEditing ();"
Comment 2 Adam Kemp 2015-03-31 14:20:23 UTC
Ah, I tried that, but it didn't work so I assumed it didn't exist. Turns out I didn't have a `using UIKit` at the top of the file (this class inherits from some intermediate base class so I didn't need it before). I blame Xamarin Studio's weak code completion. :)

Thanks!