Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
i don't have time to make a test case now, but i think there is a little bug with the image manager stuff (think thats your department). If you create a universal app and add a splash image for the iPad and then later switch it to an iPhone only app and remove that iPad image, then rebuild, the iPad image will still be in the app and used
this actually wasn't on simulator it was with a .ipa
1) Create a monotouch application
2) Add Default.png, Default@2x.png, Default-Portrait.png etc to the project.
3) Build and execute it. The launch images are used in the simulator
4) Delete these files from the project and filesystem by right clicking and choosing 'Remove' and then 'Delete'.
5) Build and execute the project. The launch images are still used in the simulator and they also still exist in the 'bin' directory. We should really be deleting these from the build directory once they are removed from the project when we rebuild.
Temporary workaround: Clean the solution and then build it.
Perhaps we should sync changes, compare the directory trees?
Otherwise removing binaries from existing builds would be a matter of scanning every possible configuration and deleting the files from there.
Incremental cleaning is nontrivial, but we'll get it almost "for free" when we switch to xbuild.
*** Bug 3094 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 11121 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 12902 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
bug #12902 is basically the same problem, except it's about the exe name rather than an image file.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 17180 ***