Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 1142 [details]
Sample test case that produces the crash.
This bug was reported by PJ in an existing bug that was fixed (#228), using the attached sample, he gets this crash report, using:
I myself, can not reproduce this.
$ dmcs t.cs && mono-sgen t.exe
t.cs(71,15): warning CS0660: `MyId' defines operator == or operator != but does not override Object.Equals(object o)
t.cs(71,15): warning CS0661: `MyId' defines operator == or operator != but does not override Object.GetHashCode()
t.cs(72,10): warning CS0169: The private field `MyId.a' is never used
t.cs(73,10): warning CS0169: The private field `MyId.b' is never used
t.cs(74,10): warning CS0169: The private field `MyId.c' is never used
t.cs(75,9): warning CS0169: The private field `MyId.d' is never used
t.cs(76,12): warning CS0169: The private field `MyId.e' is never used
t.cs(77,10): warning CS0169: The private field `MyId.f' is never used
t.cs(78,10): warning CS0169: The private field `MyId.g' is never used
Compilation succeeded - 9 warning(s)
* Assertion at sgen-gc.c:2506, condition `mono_sgen_need_bridge_processing ()' not met
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object.__icall_wrapper_mono_gc_alloc_obj (intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>
at (wrapper alloc) object.AllocSmall (intptr) <0xffffffff>
at Fox.GetHashCode () <0x0019f>
at Bear.GetHashCode () <0x00063>
at System.Collections.Generic.EqualityComparer`1/DefaultComparer<Bear>.GetHashCode (Bear) <0x00017>
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<Bear, string>.set_Item (Bear,string) <0x0006c>
at Test.Main (string) <0x00193>
at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>
0 mono-sgen 0x00092c6c mono_handle_native_sigsegv + 284
1 mono-sgen 0x000dcebd sigabrt_signal_handler + 109
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x913ef59b _sigtramp + 43
3 ??? 0xffffffff 0x0 + 4294967295
4 libsystem_c.dylib 0x9138abdd abort + 167
5 mono-sgen 0x00281ed3 monoeg_g_logv + 243
6 mono-sgen 0x00281f86 monoeg_assertion_message + 54
7 mono-sgen 0x001e6ab4 stw_bridge_process + 68
8 mono-sgen 0x001ee228 restart_world + 216
9 mono-sgen 0x001ea140 minor_collect_or_expand_inner + 288
10 mono-sgen 0x001eab32 mono_gc_alloc_obj_nolock + 1138
11 mono-sgen 0x001eaf24 mono_gc_alloc_obj + 164
12 ??? 0x0048a230 0x0 + 4760112
13 ??? 0x004855d8 0x0 + 4740568
14 ??? 0x00489c58 0x0 + 4758616
15 ??? 0x00489a4c 0x0 + 4758092
16 ??? 0x004899d0 0x0 + 4757968
17 ??? 0x0048963d 0x0 + 4757053
18 ??? 0x00484f64 0x0 + 4738916
19 ??? 0x004850d3 0x0 + 4739283
20 mono-sgen 0x0000cff2 mono_jit_runtime_invoke + 722
21 mono-sgen 0x001a4c8a mono_runtime_invoke + 170
22 mono-sgen 0x001a7821 mono_runtime_exec_main + 705
23 mono-sgen 0x001a6a31 mono_runtime_run_main + 929
24 mono-sgen 0x00067ee5 mono_jit_exec + 149
25 mono-sgen 0x0006a473 mono_main + 9603
26 mono-sgen 0x00002009 main + 441
27 mono-sgen 0x00001e16 start + 54
Debug info from gdb:
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
Abort trap: 6
I just reproduced this crash.
Mono 2.10.8 ( .1 but it's not showing up in version info)
Here's what I did to reproduce:
Please make sure you are really using 184.108.40.206, it identifies itself as such in mono-sgen --version.
miguel: it might be useful to promote 220.127.116.11 to stable, since sgen is basically broken in 2.10.8, and we get a lot of duplicate bug reports about it.
Packaging-wise the only difference between 2.10.8 and 18.104.22.168 was the Gtk+ stack that we shipped with it.
We did not do a different release of Mono for it.
We can certainly do a new pair of Mono releases, one with the current Gtk and one with the new one (2.10.9 and 22.214.171.124 respectively)
There is a 126.96.36.199 tag in git, which includes this commit:
Author: Rodrigo Kumpera <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Dec 16 12:02:35 2011 -0200
which seems to fix this problem for me.
Thanks for the information.
Ok, tomorrow we will discuss whether publishing a 188.8.131.52 with the fix in stable, or whether we just upgrade the entire 184.108.40.206 stack with the new Gtk for users
Let's make sure that 220.127.116.11 does not have this problem.
Zoltan is correct that Kumpera's sgen fix commit (53d80627) is part of the 18.104.22.168 release.
That commit is not part of 2.10.8.
After upgrading to 22.214.171.124, I was able to run the test case with no crash.
The issue with mono version was sorted out with help from Duncan (bug 2649). Thanks all!