Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 27828 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
See discussion here: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/9774/custom-url-schema-handling
Currently, supplying correct value to the method requires ugly bit twiddling.
I have checked this issue and I have gone through the discussion link provided in bug description. In discussion,I fount that C# analogue from MonoMac defined like:
"public virtual NSAppleEventDescription ParamDescriptorForKeyword(uint keyword);"
but I found this in assembly browser:
"public virtual NSAppleEventDescriptor ParamDescriptorForKeyword (uint keyword);"
I observed that I am getting "NSAppleEventDescriptor" in place of "NSAppleEventDescription". Please refer the screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/fbHBraCCG
So please let me confirmed that is this the same behaviour you are experiencing at your end, if no then please let me know that what steps should I followed to reproduce this issue.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.9 (build 171)
Installation UUID: 011d70a5-dede-428b-ab04-ef451c2e539d
Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/1bd3b8a)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400000051
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 220.127.116.111 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2015-03-03 03:25:38-0500
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/MM/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Business Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 509000171
Git revision: a953c3342b9c8aab43bd5e67119d1a3439ddcc08
Build date: 2015-03-09 12:37:56-04
Xamarin addins: 76a6f0bdd3cecbf0960abefe1ce18661729ec693
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin MacMini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
Ide logs goes here: https://gist.github.com/Rajneesh360Logica/0bb6ed9157b444543ba2
Yes, you found the right thing. The point here is that it would be more developer friendly if Xamarin exposed a version of ParamDescriptorForKeyword method that took an enum rather than a uint parameter.
@ Michael, Thanks a lot for the confirmation of the issue. So as per comment 3 I confirmed this issue and changing its status NEEDINFO to CONFIRMED.