Bug 27661 - ViewCell IsEnabled set to false does not disable a cell in a TableView
Summary: ViewCell IsEnabled set to false does not disable a cell in a TableView
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms ()
Version: 1.3.5
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-03-04 14:18 UTC by John Miller [MSFT]
Modified: 2015-06-19 10:00 UTC (History)
9 users (show)

Tags: ios functional tableview AC
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Test Case (177.69 KB, application/zip)
2015-03-04 14:18 UTC, John Miller [MSFT]
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description John Miller [MSFT] 2015-03-04 14:18:28 UTC
Created attachment 10156 [details]
Test Case

**Overview:**

   A ViewCell with IsEnabled = false is still touchable in a TableView.

**Steps to Reproduce:**

   1. Run the attached sample on iOS
   2. Notice the cell is still selectable/touchable.

**Actual Results:**

   Cell is selectable

**Expected Results:**

   Cell should not be selectable

**Build Date & Platform:**

   XF 1.3.5
Comment 1 Sunil Kumar 2015-03-05 00:58:43 UTC
I have tried to reproduce this issue and getting the same behavior. I downloaded the attached sample and followed the steps mentioned in bug description to reproduce this issue. I checked this issue with Xamarin.Forms 1.3.5.6335 and Xamarin.Forms 1.4.0.6336-pre1.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/jorvUxBBza
IDE Log: https://gist.github.com/sunil360/4790397464894edef171

Environment info:
Xamarin.Forms 1.3.5.6335
Xamarin.Forms 1.4.0.6336-pre1

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.7.2 (build 8)
Installation UUID: 561c7a69-0a91-4bae-ad7c-f0c79d594337
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/b8f5055)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312000077

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 5.1.1 (5085)
Build 5B1008

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.6.3.8 (Business Edition)
Hash: 9dd40fb
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-03-04 15:57:52-0500

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.28 (Trial Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/tajinder/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_67"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.10.0.18 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 507020008
Git revision: 64a4266f0a82f7558472383d8ae66a526b3b881d
Build date: 2015-02-25 11:22:12-05
Xamarin addins: 1cb443ca2dddd9933d748e035560f06cf9c246bd

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.8.4
Darwin Tajinders-iMac.local 12.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 12.4.2
    Mon Jun 17 18:00:12 PDT 2013
    root:xnu-2050.45.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 2 Taylor L 2015-05-10 14:10:12 UTC
+1 - would like to see this fixed
Comment 3 Rui Marinho 2015-06-15 15:00:30 UTC
Should be fixed in 1.4.3 final
Comment 4 Parmendra Kumar 2015-06-19 10:00:49 UTC
I have checked this issue with xamarin.forms.1.4.3.6364-pre3 and its working fine at my end.

Hence closing this issue.

Environment info:
Xamarin Studio 5.9.3 (build 1)
Mono 4.0.1 ((detached/ed1d3ec)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400010044
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Xamarin.iOS : 8.10.1.64 (Enterprise Edition)
Xamarin.Android : 5.1.3.1 (Enterprise Edition)
Mac OS X 10.9.4