Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 9927 [details]
This is an extension of bug # 23635, but with a slightly different use case that was alluded to in that bug, but not fixed as far as I can tell. I have a set of projects which all link to a common static library. The static library is in a common directory relative to the solution, which is outside each project's directory. My MtouchExtraArgs looks something like this:
-gcc_flags "-L..\..\Imports -force_load ..\..\Imports\libraryname"
When I try to build this project through Visual Studio that file does not get copied to the host, and so native linking fails.
At first I did not have the library in any of my projects. After looking at bug 23635 I added the library to the project like this:
At this point I expected the file to be copied to the build host, but it still is not copied, and the link still fails. At this point I'm not convinced this will work at all, and I think this is a limitation of the tool.
As a test case I have taken the test project from the other bug and modified it to match my use case (i.e., I moved the library it uses outside the project directory and used relative paths to get to it). To reproduce just try building the attached project for iPhone (not the simulator) in Visual Studio.
This scenario is currently supported.
Marking the bug as resolved / fixed.
To verify using the provided sample, you'll need to migrate it to Unified API, and also to remove the empty Entitlements.plist