Bug 27040 - Unified API binding fails with error "Do not know how to make a trampoline for CoreGraphics.CGContext obj"
Summary: Unified API binding fails with error "Do not know how to make a trampoline fo...
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: XI 8.6.0
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Highest normal
Target Milestone: 8.10
Assignee: Sebastien Pouliot
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-02-13 06:59 UTC by Prashant Cholachagudda
Modified: 2015-04-20 11:46 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description Prashant Cholachagudda 2015-02-13 06:59:08 UTC
The attached Unified binding project fails to build with error 
BTOUCHTASK: error BI1001: btouch: Do not know how to make a trampoline for CoreGraphics.CGContext obj

Build log: https://gist.github.com/prashantvc/66b11ac03c3ecca4ca5d
Comment 2 Sebastien Pouliot 2015-02-14 13:28:34 UTC
An immediate workaround is to change `Action<CGContext>` to `Action<IntPtr>` in the bindings.
Comment 3 Udham Singh 2015-02-16 05:25:47 UTC
I have checked this issue with the help of sample app give in bug and able to reproduce the reported  behaviour. Please refer the screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/SRdrq37RE3

Build Output : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/ea33bbf4b48f5d1b0e48
Ide Log : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/5bce05e161be6913e604

Environment Info :

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.7.2 (build 1)
Installation UUID: ce927b2a-2c07-44c5-b186-09cfdafba6dc
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/a813491)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312000068

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.1.1 (6611)
Build 6A2008a

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.6.2.19 (Business Edition)
Hash: d508c8e
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-02-15 22:17:46-0500

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 507020001
Git revision: 103486e2547553077836a5ba20a973487b983830
Build date: 2015-02-13 11:56:36-05
Xamarin addins: 8dd5b934e86ef0595c022dd3930fd40e3376ab4c

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin Xamarin76s-Mac-mini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
    Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 4 Sebastien Pouliot 2015-02-16 15:00:47 UTC
Fixed in maccore/master 1bc7f072af43597989474e33884ffb6719c299a8
Comment 5 Udham Singh 2015-04-20 11:46:42 UTC
I have checked this issue with builds below :

Environment Info :

Mac OS X 10.9.5
Xamarin Studio 5.9 (build 431)
Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/c8db1b0)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Xamarin.iOS 8.10.0.261 (Business Edition)
Xamarin.Android 5.1.0.115 (Trial Edition)
Xamarin.Mac 2.0.0.261 (Business Edition)

Now I am able to build the attached sample successfully, hence I am closing this issue. Thanks!

Screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/olPQXC49bPdV