Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 26678 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Created attachment 9618 [details]
Since updating to the latest Xamarin install call to ODataservice returns from the data service nor does it timeout.
If we reference the same Data service DLL (PCL Class Library) from within a Windows Phone project it all works fine. I have attached a small project with the data service DLL referenced by both an Xamarin Android and Windows Phone project demonstrating the problem
In the Android App a test method called Testing() is called in the Activity Create to test the issue.
We have checked this issue with the help of testcase given in bug description and observed that when we run the android app then it is working fine, ODataservice returns from the data service and save the changes successfully and with windows phone app we are getting exception 'An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in DataTestWinPhoneApp.DLL' on line below in method 'Testing()' in App.xaml.cs
Screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/JVPXQITe
Could you please have a look on the screencast and let us know if we missed anything.
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
Xamarin 3.9.289.0 (39a70ae)
Use this for the testing method on Windows Phone
private async void Testing()
DateTime tradingDate = new DateTime(2015, 1, 20);
IThreading test = new WindowsPhoneDispatcherHelper();
IDataSource dataService = new AsyncODataSource("http://184.108.40.206/MobileDataServiceTesting/", new NetworkConnection(), new WindowsPhoneDispatcherHelper());
//var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(254, 100031, tradingDate, false);
//var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(255, 100031, tradingDate, false);
var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(256, 100031, tradingDate, false);
//var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(257, 100031, tradingDate, false);
//var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(258, 100031, tradingDate, false);
//var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(259, 100031, tradingDate, false);
//var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(260, 100031, tradingDate, false);
//var result = await dataService.LoadOrder(261, 100031, tradingDate, false);
test.CheckBeginInvokeOnUI(async () =>
var saveResult = await dataService.SubmitChanges();
Also I noticed in the ScreenCast that you say the saved worked for Android. If you look closely you will see it processed the await on the submitchanges but the call never returns (This is the issue) there is a break point after the submitchanges.
You will see in the code for the data service it write Save Started to the Output window but it will also write Save Finished once the async call is returned.