Bug 26299 - [Android/iOS] XAML Binding does not update ToolBarItem text
Summary: [Android/iOS] XAML Binding does not update ToolBarItem text
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 25694
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms ()
Version: 1.3.1
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-01-22 14:35 UTC by Cody Beyer (MSFT)
Modified: 2015-01-26 13:08 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 25694

Description Cody Beyer (MSFT) 2015-01-22 14:35:31 UTC
### Description 

The XAML binding causes the title to update, but the titlebaritem text does not update

### Test Case

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8csvvuccvucxn0/ToolbarItemTextBinding.zip?dl=0

### Videos

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09gg85akxyixlai/BindingUpdate.mov?dl=0

### Steps to Reproduce 

1. Download test case
2. Open within Xamarin Studio
3. Deploy to Android Emulator
4. Click button

### Expected Results

The titlebaritem should change when the button is hit

### Actual Results

The TitleBarItem does not change

### Version

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.7 (build 661)
Installation UUID: 3e4348fa-e0b3-46a4-8426-58f27e19159e
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/a813491)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312000068

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.1.1 (6611)
Build 6A2008a

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.6.0.51 (Business Edition)
Hash: dfb682f
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-01-08 13:39:32-0500

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.28 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/codybeyer/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.10.0.18 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 507000661
Git revision: b70bab61da996da29045ea8ee8aed1a6faedbe78
Build date: 2015-01-05 16:31:31-05
Xamarin addins: 82f6c71490562d6cd125a09287f441902fdac3d7

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.1
Darwin Codys-MBP.router 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
    Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 1 Sadik Ali 2015-01-23 01:04:14 UTC
I have checked this issue with the help of given sample and I am able to reproduce this behaviour. When I deploy app on emulator,  titlebaritem text does not update.

Screencast:http://www.screencast.com/t/qJVSxjlPk

Environment Info:

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.7.1 (build 14)
Installation UUID: 45555ffd-f3f0-4f29-9543-e369d711ab7d
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/a813491)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312000068

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.1 (6604)
Build 6A1052d

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.6.1.19 (Enterprise Edition)
Hash: 80971a6
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-01-21 17:42:51-0500

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.28 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin77/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx_êèéæâàçéè€ÿëïœ
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.12.0.4 (Enterprise Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 507010014
Git revision: a4dd61ad7f8b3695be4b17bcb5c3ae6b81438cf7
Build date: 2015-01-19 15:21:09-05
Xamarin addins: 081208fe3bbf40e24a562867c6c7fba20a9b94b6

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin Xamarin77s-Mac-mini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
    Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 2 Jason Smith [MSFT] 2015-01-26 13:08:12 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 25694 ***