Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The iOS designer for Visual Studio does not allow me to edit the value of a Height or Width layout constraint. This is very frustrating. I can do it in Xmaarin Studio on the Mac
I have tried to reproduce this issue but I am not able to reproduce it i.e. I am able to change Height and Width of view controller as shown in screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/ON925FAu1AY
I have followed following steps :
1. Open VS
2. Create iOS single view template project.
3. Right click on ViewController and then choose 'Select' option.
4. Go to ViewController property and select Layout tab.
5. Select Freedom under Simulated Size.
6. We can edit height and Width of Layout size.
Please let me know if I have missed any step to reproduce this issue and if possible, could you please share sample project in which you are getting this issue.
Environment info on which I have tried to reproduce this issue please confirm.
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
Xamarin 3.9.275.0 (32502a7)
Xamarin.Android 18.104.22.168 (6fa72669ba13103ed6318c3a320b5c64a18f0d73)
Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124 (dd1b996f9fab5be032c5bfc54df1bc445953e90f)
Sorry I should have given you much better Repro Steps
1. Open a Storyboard in VS 2013
2. From the toolbox add an ImageView
3. Default seems to be 160x240
4. Assign an image. The one i chose is 178x174
5. I have set image to be Aspect Fill and have changed the FRAME. No AutoLayout yet
6. Now I Double Click the image to enter Constraint mode
7. I click on the "I" bars for Width and Height
8. I can now see two Constraints in the Constraint section of the Layout Properties panel
9. Now I want to change that Height so I double click on the Constraint. I double click because this is how you edit all the other layout constraints in VS.
10. I am not taken to an edit UI. I cannot Edit.
Another thing that needs raising is the Delete UX. Please please make it easier to delete constraints. I know you can select them on the designer but when you have multiple constraints it is easy to delete the wrong one
This appears to be working fine in the current Xamarin VS 3.9 builds: http://screencast.com/t/Q58qI82Rg
If you are still experiencing issues can you zip up the entire directory here and attach it to this bug report: "C:\Users\$YOUR_USER$\AppData\Local\Xamarin\Log"
Just replace $YOUR_USER$ with the currently logged in username. I'm going to close this bug for now, but please do re-open it if you can reproduce the problem.
Also, a simpler way to delete constraints might be to use the 'Outline' panel. You can select/delete things there.