Bug 26212 - Failed to resolve System.Void UIKit.UITableView in Xamarin iOS
Summary: Failed to resolve System.Void UIKit.UITableView in Xamarin iOS
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: master
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-01-20 16:43 UTC by respon
Modified: 2015-01-20 17:06 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description respon 2015-01-20 16:43:39 UTC
If I build my Visual Studio project for Xamarin.iOS with the Linker Behaviour set to "Don't Link", everything works fine except the resultant IPA file is 30MB (which expands to 101MB on the app store!).

If I change the Linker Behaviour to anything else (Link All or Link SDK) then I receive the following compile error;

Error   32  Failed to resolve "System.Void UIKit.UITableView::set_DataSource(UIKit.UITableViewDataSource)" reference from "Xamarin.iOS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"

I want to use the linker so that the size of the project comes down to a respectable size.
Comment 1 respon 2015-01-20 17:06:59 UTC
I removed the reference to Sqlite and readded it. This resolved the issue.