Bug 25912 - Custom fonts not working in iOS Unified
Summary: Custom fonts not working in iOS Unified
Status: RESOLVED ANSWERED
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: XI 8.6.0
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-01-11 16:13 UTC by Cody Beyer (MSFT)
Modified: 2015-01-12 09:37 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED ANSWERED

Description Cody Beyer (MSFT) 2015-01-11 16:13:52 UTC
### Description 

Custom fonts do not appear as available within Unified iOS, while they are in Classic.

### Test Case

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpoigz6xdbl1zow/FontTest.zip?dl=0

### Steps to Reproduce

1. Open attached test case
2. Run in Simulator
3. Review application output pad

### Expected Results

Custom font Roboto-Thin.ttf should be present

### Actual Results

It is not present

### Version

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.7 (build 661)
Installation UUID: 3e4348fa-e0b3-46a4-8426-58f27e19159e
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/a813491)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312000068

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.2 (6753)
Build 6C101

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.6.0.51 (Business Edition)
Hash: dfb682f
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-01-08 13:39:32-0500

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.28 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/codybeyer/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.10.0.18 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 507000661
Git revision: b70bab61da996da29045ea8ee8aed1a6faedbe78
Build date: 2015-01-05 16:31:31-05
Xamarin addins: 82f6c71490562d6cd125a09287f441902fdac3d7

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.1
Darwin Codys-MacBook-Pro.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
    Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 1 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge [MSFT] 2015-01-12 03:46:48 UTC
There's something wrong with the Info.plist.

Custom fonts are supposed to be listed as an array of strings under the UIAppFonts key.

This is how it shows up in the test app:

	<key>UIAppFonts</key>
	<string>Roboto-Thin.ttf</string>

And this is how it should show up:

	<key>UIAppFonts</key>
	<array>
		<string>Roboto-Thin.ttf</string>
	</array>

If I remove and re-add the "Fonts provided by application" entry in the plist editor in Xamarin Studio, it shows up as an array (i.e. correct), so I don't know how that value got into the Info.plist in the first place.
Comment 2 Cody Beyer (MSFT) 2015-01-12 09:37:10 UTC
Very strange. I confirmed string array, but indeed it now shows as string. I will attempt a clean reproduction to see if there is an issue with type flipping. 

Thanks