Bug 25829 - isual designer not reflecting notitlebar in custom theme, but reflecting the fullscreen settings.
Summary: isual designer not reflecting notitlebar in custom theme, but reflecting the ...
Status: CONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Designer ()
Version: 4.20.0
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jérémie Laval
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-01-08 09:11 UTC by nicusorvasilescu
Modified: 2015-01-12 08:49 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
visual designer not reflecting notitlebar in custom theme, but reflecting the fullscreen settings. (399.55 KB, image/png)
2015-01-08 09:11 UTC, nicusorvasilescu
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report for Bug 25829 on Developer Community or GitHub if you have new information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.

If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the original description:

  • Export the original title and description: Developer Community HTML or GitHub Markdown
  • Copy the title and description into the new report. Adjust them to be up-to-date if needed.
  • Add your new information.

In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments: GitHub Markdown with public comments

Related Links:
Status:
CONFIRMED

Description nicusorvasilescu 2015-01-08 09:11:22 UTC
Created attachment 9285 [details]
visual designer not reflecting notitlebar in custom theme, but reflecting the fullscreen settings.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<resources> 
   <style name="FsTheme" parent="@android:Theme.Holo">
      <item name="android:windowFullscreen">true</item> 
      <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
   </style>
</resources>

In a main.axml i've got it setup to this FsTheme . 

The first param windowfullscreen is updated in the visual designer, but the 2nd one window no title is not reflected into the visual designer, but works when deploying to device.
Comment 1 Abhishek 2015-01-12 07:30:48 UTC
I have tried this issue and able to reproduce the reported behavior at my end.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Created the styles.xml file.
2.Copy the above code in the xml file.
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<resources> 
   <style name="FsTheme" parent="@android:Theme.Holo">
      <item name="android:windowFullscreen">true</item> 
      <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
   </style>
</resources>

3.Makes changes in the MainActivity and AndroidMainfest.
Comment 2 Abhishek 2015-01-12 08:49:00 UTC
Please ignore comment 1.

I have tried this issue and able to reproduce the reported behavior at my end.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Created the styles.xml file.
2.Copy the above code in the xml file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<resources> 
   <style name="FsTheme" parent="@android:Theme.Holo">
      <item name="android:windowFullscreen">true</item> 
      <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
   </style>
</resources>
3.Makes changes in the MainActivity or AndroidManifest.

The First param windowfullscreen is updated in the visual designer,but the second param window no title is not reflected into the visual designer as well as emulator and device also.

screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/4rx1tJPX00
IDE Log: https://gist.github.com/Abhishekk360/ba4efdbfb99227d954a7
Xamarin Android player Log: https://gist.github.com/Abhishekk360/cef3d4cf1534398d6801

Please let me know i have to provide some more info/log.

Device Info: 
Moto E (4.4.4) 

Environment Info:

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.7 (build 661)
Installation UUID: 93e693b0-b53d-40f4-b29c-b61ff5cbe892
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/a813491)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312000068

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.1 (6604)
Build 6A1052d

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.6.0.52 (Business Edition)
Hash: 7c4c2c5
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-01-08 22:29:16-0500

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.28 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin23/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.10.0.18 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 507000661
Git revision: b70bab61da996da29045ea8ee8aed1a6faedbe78
Build date: 2015-01-05 16:31:31-05
Xamarin addins: 82f6c71490562d6cd125a09287f441902fdac3d7

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.0
Darwin 800BC.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
    Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64