Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) Start MonoDevelop. Create a new Gtk# 2.0 application, give it a name, hit OK on the dialogs.
2) Select the file MainWindow.cs , and select the graphic designer.
3) View the Toolbox pad if necessary. Drag an HBox from the Toolbox onto the blank MainWindow.
There should be an HBox, with three visible "holes" for widgets, on MainWindow.
4) Drag three widgets (I tried Labels and RadioButtons) from the toolbox onto the holes.
MainWindow is now full of widgets.
5) Drag one more widget from the Toolbox over to MainWindow. There are four different "insertion points" that will accept the widget: to the left of the leftmost existing widget, between the existing widgets, and to the right of the rightmost widget. Drop the widget you are dragging into any of these points.
Result: Many new widgets are created. I've seen anything from six to twenty.
Expected: ONE new widget.
What version of gtk do you have installed on your system?
This bug has been in the NEEDINFO state with no changes for the last 90 days. Can we put this back into the NEW or CONFIRMED state, or are we still awaiting response?
If there is no change in the status of this bug over the next two weeks, this bug will be marked as NORESPONSE.
This bug has not been changed from the NEEDINFO state since my previous comment, marking as RESOLVED NORESPONSE.
Please feel free to REOPEN this bug at any time if you are still experiencing the issue. Please add the requested information and set the bug back to the NEW (or CONFIRMED) state.