Bug 24817 - VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001)
Summary: VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001)
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Android Player
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Player ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: High major
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
: 25668 26959 ()
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-11-25 15:37 UTC by Ian
Modified: 2015-07-29 10:49 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
logs (4.92 KB, application/x-zip-compressed)
2014-12-16 12:31 UTC, Ian
Details
Crash logs (128.75 KB, application/octet-stream)
2015-02-06 05:03 UTC, Paul Roy
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description Ian 2014-11-25 15:37:19 UTC
Installed and ran it for the first time.

---------------------------

---------------------------
Failed to initialize device Nexus 4 (Jelly Bean)



vboxmanage command failed: This is the command:
> 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe showvminfo Nexus 4 (Jelly Bean) --machinereadable'
  Output from command follows.
> > VBoxManage.exe: error: Could not find a registered machine named 'Nexus 4 (Jelly Bean)'

VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001), component VirtualBox, interface IVirtualBox, callee IUnknown

VBoxManage.exe: error: Context: "FindMachine(Bstr(VMNameOrUuid).raw(), machine.asOutParam())" at line 2610 of file VBoxManageInfo.cpp

> Exited with code 1
---------------------------
OK   
---------------------------
Comment 1 Ian 2014-11-25 15:43:22 UTC
I tried the KitKat version and got this:

---------------------------
OpenGL Error
---------------------------
OpenGL server is unreachable.  Please check that Xamarin Android Player is allowed through your firewall on public networks.
---------------------------
OK   
---------------------------
Comment 2 Will Schaller 2014-12-16 12:27:03 UTC
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the report- would you be able to post the AndroidPlayerLog and DeviceManagerLog logfiles from C:\ProgramData\XamarinAndroidPlayer?

Thanks,
Will
Comment 3 Ian 2014-12-16 12:31:35 UTC
Created attachment 9088 [details]
logs
Comment 4 Ian 2014-12-16 12:31:42 UTC
done
Comment 5 Paul Roy 2015-02-06 05:03:49 UTC
Created attachment 9681 [details]
Crash logs

I'm also experiencing this bug, please find my logs attached.
Comment 6 Will Schaller 2015-04-27 07:36:54 UTC
*** Bug 25668 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 7 Will Schaller 2015-05-13 06:23:26 UTC
*** Bug 26959 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 8 Ben Brewer 2015-07-21 11:33:03 UTC
We have been unable to reproduce this.
Comment 10 Ram Chandra 2015-07-29 10:49:56 UTC
We have checked this issue with latest XAP, i.e.  XAP:15.29-v0.4.4 and we are unable to reproduce the reported behavior. 

If you're still experiencing the issue, it may help completely clean your install and reinstall the latest XAP build.

Please follow the following steps to completely clean your XAP installation:

1) Uninstall previous versions of XAP.
2) Open up VirtualBox and remove all of the XAP devices, choose to delete files.
3) Open the VirtualBox Virtual Media Manager and ensure there are no data.vdi, system.vdi or sdcard.vdi files remaining. If there are, release and remove them.
4) Delete C:\ProgramData\AndroidPlayer

As of now, I am marking this issue as RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE. Please feel free to reopen it if you will face this issue again after cleaning XAP completely.