Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 2458 on
GitHub or Developer Community if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
I attempted to upgrade one of our systems from mono-2.6.1 to mono-2.10.2. This system constructs a command-line, escapes appropriate characters and instantiates a process using System.Diagnostics.Process. It has been running for over two years. What we discovered after the update was that if the path on the command-line contained spaces (and was correctly escaped) they were removed and thus the process would not be able to find the file. For example: -
given the path /tmp/hello\ world/a.txt the process would report that it had been passed /tmp/helloworld/a.txt
This is most likely because we switched from using glib to our own implementation, eglib. glib had more advanced handling of quoted values but was not actually compatible with MS.NET's Process.Start handling.
I would recommend using double quotes and escaped double quotes, since that's the only escaping that's compatible with MS.NET's Process.Start.
Alternatively you might be able to build Mono against glib.