Bug 24530 - Time profiler call tree running time column sorting not working
Summary: Time profiler call tree running time column sorting not working
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Profiler
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jose Miguel Torres
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-11-14 06:57 UTC by Narcís Calvet
Modified: 2015-01-27 06:19 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
A screen-shot of a timer profiler session with wrong running time descending ordering (137.83 KB, image/jpeg)
2014-11-14 06:57 UTC, Narcís Calvet
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description Narcís Calvet 2014-11-14 06:57:28 UTC
Created attachment 8741 [details]
A screen-shot of a timer profiler session with wrong running time descending ordering

At the Time Profiler section > Call Tree > Running Time column, trying to order it either descendingly or ascendingly is not working very well as can be seen in the attached screen-shot. That would make much easier navigating the tree through the more time consuming calls.
Comment 1 Jose Miguel Torres 2014-11-26 17:54:04 UTC
Hey Narcís,

Are you using the Evolve 0.9 version?

thxs!
Comment 2 Narcís Calvet 2014-11-27 03:34:10 UTC
Hi José Miguel,

How can I find the exact version number? If I'm not wrong, you presented a preview at the Evolve conference and a few weeks later a second preview. It's that second preview the version that I'm using.

Thanks.
Comment 3 Narcís Calvet 2014-11-27 03:34:46 UTC
José Miguel,

Forgot to mention it's the Windows version of the Profiler.
Comment 4 Jose Miguel Torres 2014-11-27 11:34:41 UTC
Hi Narcís,

Never mind. This has been fixed weeks ago. So it's something will work for sure on the next release. I am about to close this record. Please, feel free to open it again or create a new one if you come across with any other issue on the Profiler.

Thanks for your time!

josemiguel
Comment 5 Udham Singh 2015-01-27 06:19:06 UTC
I have checked this issue with XamarinProfiler.Windows.Installer.0.11-84.msi
and this issue has been fixed now. Hence closing this issue.