Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
This bug tracks an issue reported in bug 23258, comment 2.
The bug describes getting a "XI9008: Building from the command-line requires a Business license." error when building from Xamarin Studio.
"I just started running into this in Xamarin iOS after updating to the latest
upgrade today. Simulator builds are working but not device builds. I'm running
Xamarin iOS Indie on Yosemite."
Possible duplicate of bug 24011 (private).
Sorry to hear this is happening. Can you provide the full version information from Xamarin Studio -> About Xamarin Studio, as well as the log files (Help -> Open Log Directory)? That will be useful in helping us track down the issue.
Worth noting, there is an open issue that is currently private that reports this error occurring on Yosemite after an update is installed, but is resolved with a restart of Xamarin Studio. If you haven't yet, please try restarting Xamarin Studio.
Thanks, I just restarted Xamarin Studio and it seems OK, now.
The version of Xamarin Studio is 5.5.3 build 6 running on OSX 10.10
Another thing, when I bring up About Xamarin Studio, it always brings up, on top of the About dialog, a popup saying "To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment."
I noticed that for the first time just now, but I recently upgraded to Yosemite, so I don't know if it's due to that change or the Xamarin update.
When I upgraded to Yosemite, I got the same error opening Safari on some web pages. It seems to be a Yosemite thing. Installing the JRE fixed it for me.
Google for Apple's Java Runtime Environment installer for May 2014, the ones from Oracle didn't seem to work for me.
Fixed in git master