Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 8530 [details]
The attached project no longer builds after I install Build Tools rev 21 or higher. The project builds without issue with Build Tools rev 20 installed. Here is the new error:
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets: error : Tool exited with code: 1. Output: obj/Debug/res/drawable-mdpi/alert_dialog_icon.png: libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
obj/Debug/res/drawable-mdpi/app_sample_code.png: libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
obj/Debug/res/layout/fragment_tabs.xml:18: note: did you mean to use @+id instead of @+android:id?
obj/Debug/res/layout/fragment_tabs.xml:18: error: creating resource for external package android: id/realtabcontent.
obj/Debug/res/layout/fragment_tabs.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'id' with value '@+android:id/realtabcontent').
Diagnostic Build output:
The error message clearly tells the reason that the sample must be fixed.
"@android notation is used when referencing resources defined by the Android system. You should never use a plus symbol with this notation."
I have checked this issue and not able to reproduce this. I try to reproduce this issue with the help and instruction provided in bug description.
Steps I followed:
1. Open attached sample application in XS
2. Build the application, observe that it will build successfully
3. Observe that application output shows message, Build: 0 errors, 473 warnings
Could you please let me know that what steps I am missing to reproduce this issue, or what steps should I follow to reproduce this issue at our end. That will be helpful to reproduce this issue at our end.
Please let me know if I am missing anything.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.5.3 (build 6)
Installation UUID: 011d70a5-dede-428b-ab04-ef451c2e539d
Mono 3.10.0 ((detached/e204655)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 310000023
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 4.18.1 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/MM/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
3.2 (API level 13)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
4.5 (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.0.1 (6528)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2014-10-20 21:48:06-0400
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Business Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 505030006
Git revision: fbe3e9453daf6a3bb9a9709ed22bec35f7c9056b
Build date: 2014-10-23 13:08:38-04
Xamarin addins: e44add2b39de4dd57c0742bb2e620dfad84c64c6
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin MacMini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
As per comment #1 this bug is invalid, and our samples will need to be updating accordingly now that the latest version of usages of "@+android:id?" throw a compiler error.
I am seeing this problem as well after upgrading to the latest stable version. I too had the @+android:id but after I fixed that I still cannot build.
Resources/layout/main_activity.xml(2): error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'id' with value '@android:id/realtabcontent').
@tmrog, you will need to replace occurrences of "@+android:id/" with "@+id/" for id's that you are defining for the first time.
@Peter Collins, what I realized was that it worked if I changed it to "@+id/realtabcontent". I was surprised as I thought that was a special id and all the tabhost samples use "@+android:id/realtabcontent". I thought that is how it found the content for the tablets.
Thanks for the response.