Bug 24081 - Assembly DLL Not Found After Release/AppStore Deployment
Summary: Assembly DLL Not Found After Release/AppStore Deployment
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin.Mac
Classification: Desktop
Component: mmp ()
Version: Master
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: 2.0.x
Assignee: Chris Hamons
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-10-27 13:24 UTC by Lennie
Modified: 2015-03-02 08:55 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description Lennie 2014-10-27 13:24:26 UTC
Xamarin.Mac application.

Adding a DLL compiled using SmartAssembly (for obfuscation) from a MS Windows machine to my project via Edit Reference on References. When i run in Release or AppStore mode i get a error below that it can't find the DLL... When I expect the MonoBundle folder in the .app file I see this DLL is not there.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MyDLL.Package, Version=5.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5921552483570f1a' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'MyDLL.Package, Version=5.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5921552483570f1a'
Comment 1 Shruti 2014-10-28 08:00:30 UTC
I have tried this issue and not able to reproduce it. I did following steps to reproduce it.

1. Create a dll on windows system.
2. Create an classic mac application.
3. Add dll into application references.
4. Add a code snippet to create an instance of dll class and call method define in the dll.
5. I run the application by Debug, Release and App store. App is running successfully without raising any exception.

Here is the screencast regarding same : http://screencast.com/t/uZPghrShN9

Environment Info : 

== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.5.3 (build 6)
Installation UUID: 45555ffd-f3f0-4f29-9543-e369d711ab7d
Runtime:
 Mono 3.10.0 ((detached/e204655)
 GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

 Package version: 310000023

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.18.1 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin77/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
 Supported Android versions:
  2.1    (API level 7)
  2.2    (API level 8)
  2.3    (API level 10)
  3.1    (API level 12)
  3.2    (API level 13)
  4.0    (API level 14)
  4.0.3  (API level 15)
  4.1    (API level 16)
  4.2    (API level 17)
  4.3    (API level 18)
  4.4    (API level 19)
  4.4.87 (API level 20)
  4.5    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.1 (6602)
Build 6A1052c

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.4.0.15 (Enterprise Edition)
Hash: 08968c4
Branch: 
Build date: 2014-10-20 21:48:06-0400

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.11.1.3 (Enterprise Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 505030006
Git revision: fbe3e9453daf6a3bb9a9709ed22bec35f7c9056b
Build date: 2014-10-23 13:08:38-04
Xamarin addins: e44add2b39de4dd57c0742bb2e620dfad84c64c6

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin Xamarin77s-Mac-mini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
    Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Please let me know If I missed anything to reproduce this issue.
Comment 4 Chris Hamons 2014-12-05 15:38:48 UTC
Lennie,

I'm having trouble reproducing your issue using the latest Xamarin.Mac alpha. I was able to run your attached example, note the dll's copied into the bundle, and reference a TabDefinition within an assembly.

Can you provide some steps to reproduce after testing against the latest alpha.
Comment 5 Lennie 2014-12-09 01:49:25 UTC
Hi Chris

I tested and this issue is resolved in latest Alpha channel.

Thanks
Comment 6 Chris Hamons 2014-12-09 11:04:31 UTC
Glad the issue was sorted out again. Since you have a Enterprise license, feel free to contact support via http://support.xamarin.com if you run into issue again as you may get faster turn around time.
Comment 7 Parmendra Kumar 2015-03-02 08:55:36 UTC
As per comment #5, This issue is resolved in latest Alpha channel,

Hence I am closing this issue.