Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When we navigate back from native page in Android, it always navigates back to empty page
We have to press the back button twice to get back to original page that started the native page (using page renderer)
Test case: https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-forms-samples/tree/master/Forms2Native
Steps to reproduce
1. Run the Forms2Native App
2. Click “Click to see an Intent work” in the main screen, and a new “page” should start
3. Click Back, either the UI button on the screen or the hard/dedicated button on the device.
4. When clicked once, you arrive at an empty page
5. Clicked again and you arrive where you were supposed to arrive at after the initial Back click.
I have checked this issue and with the help of steps mentioned in bug description I am able to reproduce this issue.
I have downloaded the "Forms2Native" sample from following url.
When I run the sample app and press the back button I observed that it navigates back to the entry page and when again I press the back button then it navigates to original page.
I have checked the same with device and getting same behavior.
Xamarin.Forms : 22.214.171.12457
Mac OS X 10.10.0
Xamarin Studio : 5.5.2 (build 8)
Mono 3.10.0 ((detached/633e444)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Xamarin.Android: 4.18.0 (Business Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 505020008
Git revision: 8e7f48e6b9afaa3f6ef68443d452d69d121ce051
Build date: 2014-10-16 09:25:16-04
Xamarin addins: 069ddd29bb70a42238142eee9bac21a5e4b2f9f9
This is an issue with how the sample is implemented, not a bug in Forms.
It seems like it's not a sample bug. It's a feature!
Sample demonstrates two different types of navigation:
1) "Click to see a native page" shows how to use Navigation.PushAsync and it opens the Second page of the app
2) "Click to see a na intent work" shows how to perform navigation with messaging and it opens a Third page of the application.