Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
A developer started his Xamarin.iOS Trial for Visual Studio 2013 on his surface pro 3 and on a MacBook air for building.
Here are some notes from his experience:
When I tried to debug my project on the mac it asked me to log in and now its saying too many machines are using my xamarin subscription. its' the same 2 machines I set up yesterday.
Also, it seems my connection with the mac build server gets lost periodically and then I get an error message in visual studio saying "Error 3 Another instance of Visual studio is using the Build Host on 192.168.7.122. Double click here to select a new server"
there is no other instance and the ip address of the build server hasn't changed. the only way I've learned to fix this is to shut down VS and reopen.
Also, it appears every time I modify a control on the screen or add a new one, I get the sprocket spinning then an error saying "There was a problem rendering this document" and a link to undo the last change. This is getting frustrating as I have to wait about 2-3 minutes to change a button or textbox. If I shut down VS and the build server on the mac and restart, it works for 3-4 changes then again with the sprocket.
the build server has to be reset after 3-4 builds, gui changes aren't being properly persisted (as mentioned above)."
With implementation of XMA this shouldn't be reproducible, please verify with latest master build or alpha