Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I got this crash on startup when re-building an app for iOS8 SDK:
Incident Identifier: C86DF19B-EDC2-432D-8538-669405F8D41A
CrashReporter Key: c9855921f937b5355f4f0c460efb91826f7bedf4
Hardware Model: iPhone7,2
Process: TripWallet 
Version: 3.3 (3.3)
Code Type: ARM (Native)
Parent Process: launchd 
Date/Time: 2014-10-12 15:25:22.957 +1300
Launch Time: 2014-10-12 15:25:22.574 +1300
OS Version: iOS 8.0.2 (12A405)
Report Version: 105
Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x00000000e7ffdefe
Triggered by Thread: 0
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/PushKit.framework/PushKit
Referenced from: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/ED8A8CFF-57D6-467A-B09D-455A3BD90C22/TripWallet.app/TripWallet
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/Frameworks/PushKit.framework/PushKit: mach-o, but wrong architecture
Dyld Version: 353.5
I can't reproduce it in an new project, and it only happens on a NON-LLVM debug build on an iPhone 6 (possibly 6+ too). I've not tried it on a 5S yet. Simulator is fine.
The only external library I have now is Insights.
Happy to provide access to the source if you want it. Not a huge issue as I can test on my phone in Release mode and debug in the sim.
I don't use PushKit at all in my code. Could be an Apple issue (I found a whole 4 references to it on Google). Just realised I have xcode 6.0 not 6.0.1 so I'll try that first. But just incase, I'll keep this here.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.6 (build 273)
Installation UUID: 3474e808-227f-485d-8e7f-fd508e329c0f
Mono 3.10.0 ((detached/633e444)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 310000020
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.0 (6299)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2014-10-03 00:25:37-0400
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 506000273
Git revision: 4fdf44df17d841e324e22b99c0e4671360036dfd
Build date: 2014-10-07 18:16:52-04
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.0
Darwin cyanophobia.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
Tue Sep 23 23:01:41 PDT 2014
Nope. Upgraded to 6.0.1 and still the same problem.
Do you have any extensions?
Also can you try enabling the linker (in the project's iOS Build options, set "Linker Behavior" to "Link all assemblies" or "Link SDK assemblies") and see if that changes anything?
Apple has a bug* where some devices do not have both a 32/64 bits PushKit library.
OTOH unless you're using "Don't link" (and there should not be a good reason for this) then this should not try to link to PushKit (even if you target the 8.0 SDK) for your application.
* I already reported during the 8.0 betas, but additional reports are often useful
Could you also attach a full (rebuild) build log to this bug report ? please add "-v -v -v -v" to the "Additional mtouch arguments" so we can see everything being done by the tools. Thanks!
Hi Rolf and Sebastien
No extensions, but changing away from "Dont link" fixes it. I thought don't link was the default for a debug build?
I'll upload the verbose logs in a second tho.
Created attachment 8418 [details]
verbose output with nolinking
Created attachment 8419 [details]
verbose with sdk linking
"Don't Link" is the default for simulator only. "Link SDK" is default for devices.
You might want to disable the linker, on device, to enable incremental builds. However that presently trigger an Apple bug  wrt PushKit on some devices.
A workaround is enabling the linker (like the default) or use a deployment target that will not include PushKit , e.g. 7.1 when debugging (since your final, release executable should be linked).
 I do encourage you to file a bug report with Apple about this (I did a while ago but sadly it still shipped this way in IOS8) as duplicates often helps rising the priority of bug reports.
 avoid: -targetver "8.0"
Ah - this is an old project, so that might be why it's doing it. Or I set it up wrong ages ago.
I'll look at submitting a bug with apple - they will mark is as a dup, but hey.... thats how the rank things, I'm told... more dups, higher up the list.